Being a nursing student won’t be complete without meeting some of the staple characters present in every nursing school. For this fun article, we’ve compiled 10 special types of students you meet in nursing school. We’ve decided to ditch the barbies and the jocks and instead, took a closer look at some very interesting fellow nurse students roaming an average campus. Remember, this isn’t meant to be taken very seriously! We all can use a little laugh sometimes.
Meet our 10 special nursing students below:
Know-it-All Nikki has two sides. Sometimes you love her because she’ll tell you exactly what book you need from the library or the pizza delivery guy’s secret emergency number. Then there are those times that she’ll be making you fuming mad by telling you exactly what amount of pizza makes you fat. That’s going too far Nikki!
- Key characteristics: Walking version of google, but is not always your friend.
- Usual whereabouts: Right where you need her, and usually right beside Question-It Quentin.
- Friends with: You (sometimes) and everyone else who can stand her.
Kiss-Ass Chris is every professor’s pet because he knows exactly how to suck-up without being sucky (unlike Sucky Suzie). He’ll compliment everyone, regurgitate their words as if they’re coated in gold, and praise his way to get into any group. People usually love him until they find out about his real motives.
- Key characteristics: Really chummy and will often act as if he’s your biggest fan.
- Usual whereabouts: Right behind you, or anyone else for that matter.
- Friends with: Sucky Suzie and Question-It Quentin
Your nursing campus’ Debbie Downer is Sucky Suzie. She hates everything – hates being in nursing school, hates tacos, hates you, and even hates getting high grades. Something’s definitely not right with her constantly finding fault in almost everything. All she does is complain, cry, and throw shade plus wear emo stuff.
- Key characteristics: She exudes an aura of negativity that’s so dark, even a black hole has more light.
- Usual whereabouts: Hidden corners and random corridors.
- Friends with: No one. Really, can’t think of anyone except maybe her clones.
Forever sly and cunning, Cheating Chester will get his way with anything! From not returning borrowed textbooks, making someone else write his papers, and even acing his exams without studying. Cheating Chester’s so good, even his sly grin is almost forgivable. Almost.
- Key characteristics: Magic powers aka superhuman charm.
- Usual whereabouts: Wherever he can work his charm.
- Friends with: People who don’t know what he’s up to.
Musical Maureen is always singing, either that or she’s listening to some tunes with her beats. She’ll drive you crazy with her weird singing mnemonics but you’ll realize that they’re not that bad anyway.
- Key characteristics: Humming sounds and tapping motions galore!
- Usual whereabouts: Chilling at the students’ lounge.
- Friends with: BFFs with Techy Terry but usually gets along with everyone.
Fast Frankie’s always the first one in class and first one out of class. Timed exams are her thing like for real! It is just so infuriating how she smugly hands over her answer sheet and walks out the class saying “all done!” while you’re not even halfway through the exam.
- Key characteristics: She likes living the fast and furious life.
- Usual whereabouts: Nowhere. She’s just gone so fast no one sees her coming.
- Friends with: Vanishing Valerie and Know-it-All Nikki. They’re like Charlie’s Angels.
Techy Terry is never seen with books, he’s got all his textbooks in ebook form and stored in his trusty reader. He’s everyone’s go-to guy for apps, reviving dead laptops, and the occasional cellphone surgery.
- Key characteristics: Technology is his thang (that’s slang cuz he’s cool).
- Usual whereabouts: usually found in his tech-dom lair.
- Friends with: Musical Maureen and Cheating Chester.
There is a rumor that Vanishing Valerie is not really a ‘corporeal’ nursing student like you, probably because she only makes an appearance on certain days for the whole semester. Other nursing students dread seeing her because that usually means that the professor will be giving out an exam or announcing assignments. Sometimes she comes in just to hand in her papers or take exams. It’s so weird how she does that.
- Key characteristics: Attending only important class days.
- Usual whereabouts: No one knows, not even her friends.
- Friends with: Know-It-All Nikki and Fast Frankie.
No one likes Question-It Quentin and he can’t stop asking why. In fact, that’s all he does, ask, ask, and ask more questions! It’s like he never got over his preschool phase and must ask about everything. He’s that annoying brat who never fails to raise his hand every time the professor asks if anyone has a question.
- Key characteristics: Child-like wonder about everything.
- Usual whereabouts: Trolling Know-It-All Nikki.
- Friends with: The walls.
Well, we won’t be forgetting you, right? However, you’re uniquely you so we’ll not try to put that in writing. Hopefully you’re one of the normal nurseys…we ain’t judgy you know!
- Key characteristics: Hey no hate, but if you are still reading this, then you may have been spending a lot of time reading stuff on the internet…perhaps because you have an insatiable thirst for knowledge – which is a good thing!
- Usual whereabouts: Reading stuff on the internet.
- Friends with: Google, cuz you’re awesome like that.
Recognize any of our nursing school characters? Let us know in the comments who you recognize! For more laughs, see why we think nursing students are different.
Don’t forget to bookmark our page and share this article. You know you’re awesome like that!